Sunday, January 29, 2012

Just Like Dad

I had the opportunity to witness my three boys minister in our church this entire weekend. My oldest participated in the drum corps ministry along with my youngest son (5) and my middle son (8). In addition, the middle son participated in a Christian dance ministry. On Sunday, my middle son played the drums in the church and my oldest son sang with the choir and had a part in one of the songs.After the service, my youngest son said, " Daddy you did very well today in service".


While I was painting the office at home, my oldest son came in and said, " Daddy, you know what? When I grow up, I want to be just like you." Now those words would make any father's heart glad.

I am so proud of all of my boys and their desire to work in the house of the Lord. I honestly believe that it is because of the example that my wife and I have set for each of them.

Fathers still make a difference! If you are a father, just think about all of the ways that you are impacting your children's lives. The power of a father should never be underestimated or taken for granted. God has anointed us to speak into the lives of our children for his glory.

Make the difference in your child's life starting today.

No comments:

Post a Comment